Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Uncertainty

Before I made the decision to go to library school, I was working two jobs just to make it. I was a full time Library Associate at a public library and a part time night supervisor at an academic library. I was making good money, but I was unhappy having to work so much just make ends meet and to top it off there was no room to grow in either position. So, I had a huge choice to make stay in my current state or change my status. Of course I chose school as I wanted to put myself in a better position to move further in my life. There are times when I question myself about my recent choices as I live at home with my grandparents, well grandparent since my Nana passed a couple months ago. I have many bills to pay and am working part-time temporarily, which is not enough to do much. I have wonderful friends and family that help with food sometimes but mostly I just make it day by day.It's tough, and you learn how strong you really are in times like these. I am trying to remain faithful and trust that things will be fine, however the majority of the jobs that I see on the job boards are academic positions and they take forever to go through the application process and for someone in my situation I need a job now before I have to start back paying loans. I am now back where I started in 2004 when I got my Bachelors (just more qualified or too qualified for some jobs) and it took me six months to get a job, well actually two jobs. I sit here thinking about what happens next and my future as a Librarian somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You will make it! The right job will come to you in due course! The best things in life come when we least expect them! you would be amazed!patience is virtue! So hang on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...