Saturday, October 30, 2010

Officially a Professional Librarian!

This past Wednesday, I became a Reference Librarian at my local library in Tuscaloosa. It is only part time, so I still have my night job at the University. I never thought about being a Reference Librarian, I focused more on archives, museums, and youth services. I did do well in my reference class, though. I know I can do this, just still wrapping my mind around the idea. At the moment, nothing extremely hard has come up and I've been able to help people find material. I have a feeling that everybody is going to train me, so soon all the things I need to know will be filtered, and filed properly into my fuzzy head. Who knows I may come to love reference work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...