Sunday, October 31, 2010

Out of my Element

Today was my third day as a Reference Librarian and I feel so dumb. I had a patron ask for books on horse slaughtering, and I do not believe I was successful in answering her question. I know I'm still learning and performing reference interviews will become better for me. In class, I remember we had to conduct a reference interview from the patrons standpoint, however being on the other side is whole different ball game. Though I feel completely stupid at this moment, I know library school provided me with the tools to do this. My task now is how figure a way that works for me. On a happier note, I get my own section to order for and its the arts section(760-799), though I do wish I had taken a collection development class but my inexperience could help or hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...