Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Review:If I Stay by Gayle Forman


In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces - to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.

I was discussing with my friend that has already read this book that I was going to read it. She told me that the author could have just ended it with this book. True, but I am interested to find out what happens to her after all of this loss she has experienced, how she copes with everything and will the things that remind her of her family be too painful for her to stay.I like how you can feel everything she feels as she remembers different aspects of her life. Honestly, I finished this book last week, but I couldn't bring myself to post about it. This book left me feeling raw, and open because the subject matter is too fresh for me. Though it made me sad, this is a beautiful story.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will enjoy the second book. I had similar feelings when i read this book. I loved the fact that i could feel everything that Mia was feeling. This book did bring tears to my eyes several times before i finished it. I can't wait to hear your comments on the second book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...