Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Secret World of Alaina Downs by Rebecca Rynecki




Title: The Secret World Of Alaina Downs
Author: Rebecca Rynecki
Genre: New Adult/Fantasy 
Pages: 252
Amazon | BN 

When Alaina stumbles into a world that she only thought existed in her mind, she is understandably a little bit freaked out. Who wouldn't be? Characters that she had written down years ago are walking, and talking, and telling her that she is the only one who can save the princess and the kingdom of Isleen. Um...okay. As she travels down to the southern kingdom with Sir Gabriel, a really hot knight, she falls off horses, has an interaction with an evil witch, gets attacked by a sea creature, and even falls from lust into love. 



Excerpt
“Can you stay next to me tonight?” she almost pleaded. “If I have that nightmare again-”
“I'm not leaving.”
Alaina nodded. “You promise?”
“I would promise...” Gabriel shut his eyes. “Yes.” He lay her down by her side, and kept a hand on her hip as he settled next to her. “Are you warm enough?”
“Mmmmm.”  She glanced at him. “A little too warm.”
“Yeah.” He slowly rubbed at her thigh. “The fire isn't helping, is it?”
“No,” Alaina whispered. She leaned forward, and kissed him. He let out a moan. Tentatively, she let her hands roam down his chest and stomach before lingering at the front of his trousers. “I forgot. There's no zipper,” she mumbled, breaking away.
“No...what? What are you doing?” he asked.
“I...I, um, heh.” Alaina looked at him uncertainly. “Don't you want me?”
Gabriel exhaled. “I think I must be sleeping.”
“I'm too scared to go back to sleep,” she said tersely.
“We can talk.”
“I don't want to talk,” she cut him off. “Okay?”
He nodded, watching silently as she slowly stood in front of him. Alaina shimmied out of the ripped bloodied tunic; her bare figure illuminated by the fire.
Gabriel scrambled to get up.  He unlaced his trousers, and paused as they stopped at his knee. He held his breath as she stilled. Darkness concealed half her body; the rest heightened by the flames. He inadvertently licked his lips as he flashed back to watching her bathe. She was the same. Still long and lean all over with the slightest curve at her hips.
Alaina bit her lower lip. “What are you doing?”
“I...” Gabriel choked on the word, and swallowed. He shut his eyes. He could feel all the blood in his body rushing south. “I'm trying to act with honorable intentions.”
She chuckled wryly as she glanced down at his now obvious erection. “Honorable? You decide to act honorably now?”
“I-”
Alaina walked over, eliciting a whimper from him as she wrapped her hand around his shaft. “But, what if I don't want your honorable intentions now?” she whispered.


Author Bio: 
A graduate of Hollins University in southwestern Virginia, Rebecca now lives in the hills of Connecticut with her husband and young son. When she's not working as a librarian or plotting out the sequel, she bakes, dances around the house...and sings...really badly. The Secret World of Alaina Downs is her first book.
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Youtube | Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being a part of the tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have my attention. hehehe

    Anna @ http://emaginette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo wee! I read this during class! I hope no one was reading over my shoulder. Sounds like a hot book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...