Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Audio books are cool

I have found that listening to the radio bores me. The radio deejays play the same stuff over and over again, and it just burns me out on music I really like. So, what do I do, I listen to audio books. My family when they get in the car with me and hear my book of the moment they either take it out or turn it off. They think I'm weird, and talk about me. I only have one person that's cool with it and that person is my youngest brother, sad but true.
I became intrigued by audio books when I started reading the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, and one of my co-workers suggested it to me. As with the books I have read, most of the audios came in series such as Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, the Inheritance series(Eragon) by Christopher Paolini, the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, which are about a new witch in the making and are hilarious. A few others that I liked that are not series are Jinx by Meg Cabot(hope for more), Fairest by Gail Carson Levine and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry and the list goes on. I also listened to Identical by Ellen Hopkins, which was interestingly disturbing but the subject matter was relevant to life for some teens now. The story matter concerns two girls, one being molested by her father and the other seemingly wishing she had his attention. There is more to the story but that's just a tiny bit. I am currently on book five of the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix. I've become addicted to listening to books in the car, and am now running out selections to entertain me. Audio books are great ways to get families to read and story tell together . Another bonus to audio books is that they can get a child that won't read or struggles reading, interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...