Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Assistantship in Government Documents

I am not only doing the directed study in Birmingham at WJLD, but am also working in Government Documents this semester and next semester. My task for this term, creating tutorials on using HeinOnline, which a database that contains and provides access to government documents and publications such as the U.S. Statutes at Large, Law Journal Library, United States Code and the Federal Register.At the moment I have completed a tutorial for the U.S. Code, and must input the audio of my little girl voice into the video. The software that I'm using is Macromedia Captivate, which I like so much better than Camtasia, if it would just stop freezing up on me. I will do three more tutorials on other resources in this database, one being the Code of Federal Regulations.I am learning a lot so far about how to find citations using this resource and as well how to look things up in the book copies. I still trying to find where I fit in the library profession, and all the things going this semester give me a taste of what I am interested in, museums, archives and government libraries.

1 comment:

  1. I found this to be a very interesting post. It has greatly peaked my interest in government documents. Will definately keep checking back to see what else is new. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...