Thursday, January 14, 2010

Birmingham Botanical Gardens

I get to intern at the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham this semester. I am excited about discovering if special librarianship is the direction I want to go. I will possibly get to do some archiving work in the rare books section, which is really cool because the library may start digitizing the archive collection. I am thrilled because I'm interested in photography and learning as much as I can about that. Ms. Hope Long is my supervisor and she asked me what I wanted to do with the internship and I really don't know what I want to focus on. I try not to limit myself because there is so much I like to do and I want to learn every aspect as I can, mostly because I'm in a field where anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...