Saturday, January 15, 2011

Am I what I read?

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." Walden, Henry David Thoreau

I was reading a comment on a list-serv that I subscribe to and someone asked the question, "Is it possible that a book could function like a personality test"? I think so, looking at the majority of what I read or am drawn to is fiction. The type of fiction is the key though, I like fantasy, mystery, romance, paranormal and a variety of other things. However, based on just those things you get that I am a dreamer always in another world. I could even be defined as a problem solver, and I am most definitely a romantic. My reading habits may even suggest that my touch on reality as far as romance is considered,could be slightly distorted, but I remain hopeful for my knight or prince to come and sweep me off my feet(giggles).So, I do agree that it is possible to use what we read as a way to describe who we are? I am delightfully diverse, imaginative and complex, neither completely in this world nor out of it. That said, what do your books say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...