Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reference Librarian

I have been a Reference Librarian for about 5 months now, and I think I like it. I get to spend money on books that just so happens, I love! I order for the sports, music, games and photography section. I'm still learning and  the best way to get better is by having practical experience. Library school only provides the tools but the job gives you the experience. I feel like in library school, I was overloaded with countless amounts of information that I will be good to remember. However, while I was in school it was cool, I think if you tailor your school experience to what you enjoy, you will graduate with the information you need to succeed in that area. I've learned now that I should have stuck with more courses in young adult services, however I designed my schedule to give me a wide range of information in a variety of subjects, such as archives and the much disliked Java.Someday, I hope I will be able to acquire a job that combines all the things I love....Photography, writing, music, reading, book reviewing, young adult literature, spending money on books(other people's) and having fun teaching patrons how to use the tools of the library to find what they need. Any ideas on a job like this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...