Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #41: The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
Expected Release: January 2014

Goodreads Synopsis
For the past five years, Hayley Kincaid and her father, Andy, have been on the road, never staying long in one place as he struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend school. Perhaps, for the first time, Hayley can have a normal life, put aside her own painful memories, even have a relationship with Finn, the hot guy who obviously likes her but is hiding secrets of his own.


Will being back home help Andy’s PTSD, or will his terrible memories drag him to the edge of hell, and drugs push him over? The Impossible Knife of Memory is Laurie Halse Anderson at her finest: compelling, surprising, and impossible to put down.
I love this cover! 

What book are you looking forward to reading?




4 comments:

  1. I've been contemplating whether I should send a request for this one or not. I've heard the author was really good and this book has catching my eye very often. Great pick!

    My WoW: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-exciting-sci-fi.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this author, I loved the Wintergirls by her.

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to check this one out as well :) It sounds really good and I've read a few of the author's previous books.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I really enjoyed Wintergirls and Speak by this author.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...