Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Interview with Author E.G. Glover


 Chat with Author E.G. Glover
Author Bio:
E G Glover began his independent author career as co-writer of Fear the Beast Within: The Fear Series, Book One (Paranormal Romance), in early 2012. This series has continued and will conclude with Book Four.

One year later, Glover released his firstsolo work, A Twist In Time: Mystery Hill Series, Book One (Gothic/Time Travel Romance), which has sold in several countries around the world and currently published by Relative Term Press. Times Not Traveled: Mystery Hill Series, Book Two, also available.

Glover flirted with idea of writing in high school by authoring various poems and short stories, but it wasn't until late 2011 that his dream of writing a novel finally began to take shape.

Born and raised in northwest Alabama, Glover hopes his writing will prove a romantic story can be told with a male's point of view entwined and still hold the romanticism that readers enjoy.

Social media link:  https://www.facebook.com/EGGlover1976
Tell us about Times Not Traveled?  
Times Not Traveled is the second book in the Mystery Hill Series. Mystery Hill, an ancient stone circle in New Hampshire, is a place of legend and its true purpose has all but been lost with the passage of time. The location's caretaker, Richard Adahy, and his peculiar pet crow, Percy, guard the true secret of the stones. The circle can be used as a way to travel backward and forth, but only at certain times of the year. 

This chapter of the book series follows Abby Morris, who has recently moved to New Hampshire to pursue a new job. Her new home has led her to Thomas Collier, an editor for a local newspaper, the sort of man she always yearned to find. There are just a couple of problems standing in the way of her new found happiness: Thom’s ex-girlfriend, Sarah, and restless nights where she is bombarded with otherworldly dreams of a black bird watching her every move. 

Sarah Wisdom’s road to happiness had taken an unexpected turn when her boyfriend took an exit out of her life. With Thom gone, she has to make a new road to contentment, or fight her way up an old path fueled by the desperation to be with the man she loves. Armed with nothing but her cell phone and a head full of tormenting visions of a malevolent crow, Sarah embarks on a trip to reclaim what she knows is rightfully hers. It’s a journey that will lead her to an ancient stone circle known as Mystery Hill.

How did you get interested in writing mystery fiction? 
This series actually came about after I caught an episode of 'In Search of...', hosted by Leonard Nimoy. The show discussed the real location of New Hampshire's stone circle, now commonly known as America's Stonehenge. With all the mystery surrounding the location, I figured it would be a wonderful setting for my series.

What are three words that best describe you? 
curious, fanatic, researcher 

What book are you reading now?
Recently I've been doing a lot of research on the possible purposes of stone circles across the globe. So, most of my reading has not been of a fictional nature. However, the last work of fiction that I read and thoroughly enjoyed was Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs.

What have you learned about writing and publishing since you first started? 
The one big thing that I've learned is, you have to find your audience. If there is something that you enjoy, then there are probably other people in the world that enjoy it too. I've always loved science fiction and in particular, time travel. Ever since I was a child I have wondered what it would be like to visit a place that I have known my whole life, but at an earlier time in history. I would love to see what had changed over time and what had stayed the same. Once you find your audience, encourage them to pass your work on to others. Word-of-mouth is a powerful thing!

Are you a morning person or a night owl? 
Oh, definitely a night owl! When I am writing, my best work seems to show up between the hours of one and three AM.

What's your favorite book or writer?
That is a tough question. It depends on the genre. I would have to say that Ray Bradbury would have to be my all time favorite author. His ability to tell a story, even a fanciful one, has always intrigued my imagination. 


What’s more fun to write – the world or the characters?
I enjoy creating the world that my character's live in. If their world is properly developed, the characters basically 'tell me' what they would do in that type of setting. They become their own person within the story.


Do your characters ever want to take over the story?
Oh yes! Very often they do! That is one way that I know I'm on a roll with a story. There have been times I have deleted several pages of a story because the character keeps 'telling me', "I wouldn't do that!"

Is there any question that you wish interviewers would ask? Not that I can think of, I just enjoy being able to share my little tales AND see people enjoy them.   


Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to meeting you in November. E G. Glover will be at the Tuscaloosa Public Library on November 14, 2015 for the Yomucon: Cosplay at the Library Convention.


Book description: 
Times Not Traveled, Mystery Hill Series Book #2

Abby Morris’ life has finally made a change for the better, and not a moment too soon. A recent move to New Hampshire to pursue a new job has led to more than a simple change of scenery. Her new home has led her to Thomas Collier, an editor for a local newspaper, the sort of man she always yearned to find. There are just a couple of problems standing in the way of her new found happiness: Thom’s ex-girlfriend, Sarah, and restless nights where she is bombarded with otherworldly dreams of a blackbird watching her every move.

For nearly a year, Sarah Wisdom’s life had been everything she had ever wanted, but her road to happiness had taken an unexpected turn when her boyfriend took an exit out of her life. With Thom gone, she has to make a new road to contentment, or fight her way up an old path fueled by the desperation to be with the man she loves. Armed with nothing but her cell phone and a head full of tormenting visions of a malevolent crow, Sarah embarks on a trip to reclaim what she knows is rightfully hers. It’s a journey that will lead her to an ancient stone circle known as Mystery Hill.

Places to purchase my books: http://egglover.wix.com/books#!booksbyegglover/cnec



3 comments:

  1. Great interview, and a very interesting cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the interview, and the book sounds like something I would like, as I read both mystery and science fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover and reading the interview was interesting. It's great learning about someone. I've never read your books but they sure look like my type of read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...