Tuesday, February 20, 2018

'Til Next Tuesday #8: Nine by Zach Hines


'Til Next Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted here @Little Library Muse. It's allows me to share my love of books and showcase new releases. It's inspired by my work developing the young adult collection.

Expected Release: August 7, 2018
Publisher: HarperTeen

In an alternate world startlingly close to our own, humans have nine lives—and they can’t wait to burn straight through them.

As you shed lives, you shed your awkward phases: one death is equal to one physical and mental upgrade. Julian’s friends are obsessed with the idea of burning lives, but Julian is determined to stay on his first for as long as he can. His mother, the ultimate cautionary tale, burned through her first eight in just a few years, and Julian has no intention of succumbing to the debilitating rebirth sickness that she inflicted on herself.


But the regime has death incentives aimed at controlling overpopulation, and Julian realizes that he’s going to have to burn at some point—especially when he becomes a target for Nicholas, the manipulative leader of the Burners, the school’s suicide club. And when Julian eventually succumbs, he uncovers suspicious gaps in the rebirth system that may explain exactly why his mother went so far down the rabbit hole years ago. Along with a group of student dissenters, Julian sets out to find answers and is soon on the verge of exposing the greatest conspiracy ever unleashed on the world.


He has just eight more lives to uncover the brutal truth. 


Upcoming Releases in March!








What new books have caught your eye? Any books that you would recommend?


10 comments:

  1. With the exception of Hero at the Fall, I haven't heard about any of these books before. I'll have to check them out! Have a wonderful week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I really want to read since I've read the first two books. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I actually haven't heard of those books before. Pacifica looks appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the cover for Pacifica but I'm actually reading Wicked Deep right now.

      Delete
  3. Great picks! The cover of The Wicked Deep is gorgeous by the way. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love the cover as well. I just finished reading that it.

      Delete
  4. Love your line up! All of them looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hero at the Fall is the one I want to read since I read the first two books.

      Delete
  5. I am so bad with new releases but these look intriguing!

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I keep up with them because of my job and I like to see the pretty covers :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...